Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 1 of My Year of Thankfulness

Many people on my facebook page have been posting daily this month a note of thankfulness. It has inspired me to try a challenge . . . a daily journal of thankfulness for 365 continuous days, starting today.

I have to start my journey by thanking God for his hand of protection and guidance even when I wasn't seeking him or desiring to serve him. There was a time in my life when the last thing I wanted was God. I was engaging in destructive, potentially dangerous behavior. Yet, through all of it, God protected me from myself. I don't know why. I could have had children out of wedlock. I could have been an alcoholic. I could have alienated myself from my entire family and been stranded in a distant state, abandoned by a man, deceived by empty promises. But, none of those things are a part of my life.

God knew he was going to bring a rebellious, self willed Baptist girl from a tiny town in Southern Ohio to a Nazarene college 350 miles from home so that she could get into a good Baptist church and change her life. He loved me when I didn't love or want him and protected me from myself to work a greater purpose in my life.

Today, for this I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. I see now why you were overwhelmed....I was thinking 30 days and here you go doing 365 :)

    It's amazing to see all the big and "little" things God does for us on a daily basis!!!

    ReplyDelete