Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back On The Wagon

I'm back on the running wagon. Took a 2 month hiatus which I feel badly about. But we're back on. Still hoping to run that 5K in October but I'm truly terrified I'll fail. That is why this is so important for me. My whole life I've avoided situations where I wasn't confident I would succeed. I didn't major in music on college. I didn't run track in High School. I didn't take advanced math in high school. I didn't play volleyball in high school. I look back and see many things I avoided due to lack of confidence and fear of failure. At the age of 34, I'm using this 5K training to TRY and prove to myself I can do "it". Anything. Its very difficult. The running isn't so horribly difficult. That gets better every day. Literally. But the mental training is much more difficult than the physical.

This probably sounds silly to others. That's okay. I'm trying to overcome worrying about what others think, too. So today my time and distance was 1.71 miles in 28 minutes. Week 3 Day 5 is Done!!!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your group through Cafemom, and I'm your newest follower! Hope you'll check mine out! http://13plumconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Cafemom too and I love it, I'm a follower! Are you doing Couch to 5K for your running program? That's what I'm using but I'm just on Week 1 Day 3. I'm hoping to run in an area Halloween run in October. And we've got a full house too - 7 in our house, 4 kids and a grandma. We're one set of twins behind you lol. You can check out my blog if you like at motheringfromthemaelstrom.blogspot.com. I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete