Monday, April 18, 2011

No More Poo!!!!

The other drastic and making a little weird thing I'm doing is I've stopped using shampoo. Yep, no more poo for me!!! So is my head stinky and dirty? Not at all! Here is what I do.

Mix approximately 2 Tablespoons of Baking Soda into about 2 cups of water. When you get in the shower, use your fingers to scrub your head a bit and lift the hair so it isn't plastered to your head from the water. Slowly pour some baking soda water onto part of your head and massage your scalp and work into your hair. Do this until you have washed your entire head and hair. Then use another 2 cups or so of water with a few tablespoons of vinegar added to rinse your hair. NO POO!!

No, your hair does not smell like vinegar when you are done. There is a faint vinegar smell while your hair is wet but it completely vanishes when your hair is dry. I had heard from those who had done it before that your hair goes through a crummy period and then softens up but I haven't even had that. My hair has been very soft since the very first wash.

Let me know if you decide to try it and what you think about it!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm... I'm game. I have both of those products at home already and the new brand of shampoo I just bought to try really sucks.

    ReplyDelete