Friday, April 29, 2011

Whew!

Today was a good run! I know I said I wasn't going to obsess about time but I felt like pushing myself today. (I know. For some of you veteran runners this is nothing to blog about!) BUT I did 1.9 miles in 30 minutes today. My previous best was 1.82. I'm REALLY ready to do 2 miles in 30 minutes. Today my first mile was completed in 15:48. I would like to be able to do the first mile in 15 since it includes my 5 minute warm up walk which is basically the first quarter mile. Today it was .26 in the first 5 minutes. So I'm doing 3/4 of a mile in about 10 minutes. I'm good with that.

I would love to know how far I ran the very first time I did Couch to 5K. I don't think I quite made it to a mile that very first time. I know this might not be a big deal to some but I'm just so excited that I'm getting healthier! Its exciting to SEE results, especially since I don't own a scale and have no idea if I'm losing any weight or not! And every time I run my children are fighting about who gets to run on the treadmill when mom is done. I'm so encouraged to think that they will grow up thinking exercise is normal and something you just DO. I HOPE when they are grown they are striving to be healthy.

And it starts with Mom.

No one will tell me it can't be done. No one will convince me they CAN'T exercise, barring any legitimate physical hindrances. I have 6 children ages 8 and under. I have a newborn. I have 22 month old twins. My husband isn't home Mon-Fri. It CAN be done and I WILL DO IT! My laundry might be in a pile but I will get healthy!

First 5K in October!!

1 comment:

  1. You're my inspiration when I don't want to exercise! I think "If Kelly can run everyday, I can do 15 minutes of exercising!". Keep it up, you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete