Sunday, April 17, 2011

You're Making WHAT?!

One of the things I'm trying in my efforts to go a little more "natural" at our house (not sure what else to call it) AND save money in the process is making my own deodorant. Sounds strange, doesn't it? That's what I thought, too. Then I tried it. WOW!!! I'm impressed! Here is the recipe and instructions.

First, clean out an old, empty, store bought deodorant tube or get a small jar with a lid.

Mix together 1/4 c baking soda and 1/4 cup corn starch.
Work in 2-3 Tablespoons of coconut oil. (You can get 32 ounces of coconut oil at Walmart in the cooking oil section for less than $6.)
Once these 3 things are thoroughly mixed together and smooth, add 3 drops of tea tree oil and 5-10 drops of the essential oil of your choice.
Once thoroughly mixed, spoon mixture into your deodorant tube and then store over night in the refrigerator.
It will harden up in the frig so when you apply it to your underarms, apply it slowly to allow the coconut oil to soften just a bit.

VIOLA!!! Its saves money, has no harsh chemicals and IT WORKS!!!! Let me know if you try it and how it worked out for you.

P.S. It even holds up after a run!!

1 comment: